Monday 20 June 2016

My Trip Around The World Part 1

My Trip Around The World
On the 14 June I Started my trip around the world with my family. Here is my diary from the 14 to the 19 of June. I am starting writing it today because today is the first day that I had time to go on my chrome book.

14/06/2016
I went to Hokitika with my family to catch a plane to Christchurch but our plane to Christchurch was cancelled and we had to take a bus. Then we had to fly to Auckland on an Air New Zealand plane and stay a night in a hotel (I think Air New Zealand have the best planes, here is a picture of one. In the picture is a person to show how big planes are). The person is standing behind the plane and he is the size of the wheel. 


15/06/2016
I had to get up very early (at 4) to catch a plane to Sydney on Air New Zealand. I was very tired but the good thing was that everyone had a screen with controllers which you could play games on and watch movies, the screen was on the person in front of you seat. The Auckland plane had the screen too but they did not have controllers, they had touch screen. Then I had to catch a plane to Delhi on Indian Air Lines. My family had a bit of trouble with the hotel people because they gave us a two person room, but in the end the give us two rooms.

16/06/2016
When I woke up we had a really good breakfast. Then we went to catch a plane the Sri Lanka with Indian Air Lines. When I got their my Aunty Ellie picked me and my family up from the air port and she had a really good hotel booked for us. It was at Unawatuna beach and our hotel was called sea view beach hotel and if you run two meters you could touch the sand.


17/06/2016
We woke up early and went on a big walk along the beach, then we went to have breakfast in the garden. It was fresh fruit which was Pineapple, Papaya (really tasty, you should try them), Banana, Lemon. Then we went swimming at Unawatuna beach, which you can see the picture above.

18/06/2016
we sleep in and got up just in time for breakfast. I saw some monkeys just sitting in the trees. We watched them for a while, then I spotted a lizard, it was huge. Below is a picture of it and also the monkeys. That evening we went to a really good restaurant. I was going to have a double burger but it would be too big to eat so had a single burger, which was really big.













19/06/2016 
Today was a big party to celebrate full moon. There was singing and dancing, karate people showing off, cricket and volleyball. One thing that did not happen today was that we changed money. Here is a picture of Sri Lankan money. In Sri Lanka they use rupees instead of dollars.  5000 rupees is 75 new Zealand dollars.
Here are some 5000 rupees notes and 1000 rupees notes and 500 rupees notes  














below are 20 rupees notes, 10 rupees notes, 5 rupees coin, 2 rupees coin, 1 rupees coin. There are also 50 and 100 rupees notes but we ran out of them.


3 comments:

  1. hi richard I can not see the person next to the plane or have we just read it wrong. how much was the exchange rate for that money. what spices of lizard is that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your diary because you have described your good time really well. How long did it take you to get there from Auckland to Sri Lanka ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is kaine.
    IO really like all of the fun and creative thing that you said in the writing .
    How long are you gone for?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.