Friday 6 May 2016

Week 1 reflection term 2

Topic

This week for topic we have done  ANZAC things.  Look below to see my work.

One of the thing we had to was translate something in the poem.

Dulce et Decorum Est


By Wilfred Owen

The translation of the latin title is: ‘It is sweet and fitting (to die for your country)’.

However, the author seems  to mean this sarcastically, because his poem describes how terrible dying in the trenches really was.

I hope I will never go to a war but I believe the author because he was there.


Here is word cloud that I made about world war one. 


Here is a trench with people in it.                



Here is my survival pack I would have if I went to war.




I made the time of the ANZAC'S  arrive at ANZAC cove





 I had to perter to be at ANZAC cove and write a letter home.
Hi family
I have finally had time to write to you, How is it going.                    
We have just arrived in ANZAC cove, we are in a group of 1000, 100  people are injured we also have 25 nurse with are a big help and 15 cooks to cook food for us we are winning at the moment we have all the space we want but there are still lots turks. We don’t like the battlefield   
From Richard ,Sam and James

TASK - Describe Zuckerman’s barn! Use similes, metaphors and personification to make it interesting.

The barn is a mansion.                    
The door creaked when I opened it.    
Big geese honk like cars.               
When I walk in the barn the breeze talk to me.       
The tree was a giraffe. 
Wilbur the pig squealed like a mouse when he saw me. 
Man the barn smells my nose try tell me to run away but I don’t want to because the would be rude.
I here a chicks  make a fuss of something. 
The cow and horse chewed their cud noisily.

Another thing we had to do was build a barn.
Here is a barn I made out of Lego.



2 comments:

  1. HI richard i loved Your little lego barn. I loved how you worked really hard on your survival kit it looks REALLY COOL!!! and i loved your slide of how you done lots of info in it about war! but I think you should change your font color, because it is really hard to read maybe red or blue would make it a heap easier to read. really loved your letters to home how you explained the people and the cooks.
    30$ to you $_$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Richard
    Great job last week
    I would just improve your writing on your slide I would give you $30 Banqer dollars
    Bye
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.